Red Wing’s City Hall is designed in the Renaissance Revival style and was built in 1907. The large two story building occupies half of a city block. The Administration Department, which links all other departments and City of Red Wing employees to the City Council, is located inside City Hall. The City of Red Wing Administration Department includes: Finance, Information Technology, City Clerk and Employee Services. The Mayor conducts official mayoral business from City Hall.
The Administration Department is overseen by the City’s Council Administrator, Kay Kuhlmann. Kay has been Council Administrator for the City of Red Wing since July, 1997. Kay’s career background includes: City Administrator in Jordan, Minnesota (from 1993-1997), Assistant City Manager of Prior Lake, Minnesota from 1987-1993 and Management Analyst for the City of Coon Rapids, Minnesota from 1984-1987. Kay has her Bachelors of Science in public administration with a minor in economics and masters in urban studies. Kay is a member of the International City Managers Association. Please read our Council Administrator’s Message.
The City of Red Wing is dedicated to creating, preserving and enhancing the quality of life for all.
The organization’s accompanying Core Values are:
- Excellence - We will strive to provide responsive customer service that exceeds expectations.
- Innovation - As leaders, we will generate new ideas and continually seek more efficient ways of doing things while strongly encouraging employees to reach their full potentials.
- Strong community connections - We will continue to improve upon communication with community partners with shared goals.
- Environmentally conscious - We will make decisions that preserve and protect the environment to the highest feasible degree.
- Respect - In our everyday operations, we will treat everyone with a high level of courtesy and dignity.
- Integrity - Each of our responsibilities will be carried out with the level of honor and accountability in a manner that inspires public confidence.
- Open and engaging - We will deliberately seek out all sides of issues and encourage multi-faceted participation from all segments of the community.
- Passion - As ambassadors, we will represent citizens and the organization with pride and enthusiasm.