The Red Wing Police Department was established in 1887. Prior to that time, the city employed constables for law enforcement. The Police Department provides the community with traditional police services including: Patrol, Investigations, Records, Evidence Technician, K-9 Unit, and Crime Prevention. The Police Department continues to employ and train a highly motivated and skilled team, preserving the highest ethical standards with an unyielding dedication to service.
Location and Contact Information
Law Enforcement Center
430 West 6th Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
FAX: 651.267.2669 Administration
FAX: 651-267-2695 Records
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Police Chief's Message
“On behalf of the men and women of the Red Wing Police Department, I would like to welcome you to our website.
Since 1865, when the first police officer patrolled the streets of Red Wing, our officers and staff continue the tradition of professionalism and service to our community and citizens. Our officers are among the best in law enforcement, highly trained and properly equipped with the latest technology, allowing us to respond to the diverse number of situations that may arise. Whether you live in Red Wing or are just visiting, our goal is to ensure that you have a safe, enjoyable experience and partake in the quality of life that makes Red Wing such a wonderful place to live and work.
Please feel free to contact me via the email link provided with any questions or comments you may have, and most importantly, enjoy your stay in our great City."
Roger D. Pohlman
E-mail Police Chief Roger D. Pohlman firstname.lastname@example.org
The vision of the Red Wing Police Department is to be a leader in the law enforcement community through collaboration and innovation, recognizing the historic and diverse nature of our community and contributing to the highest quality of life for our citizens.
The Red Wing Police Department mission is to safeguard lives, and protect property, whereby, our community may enjoy a sense of peace and security. We will meet the ever changing needs of our community through investment in our employees and building partnerships with our citizens and businesses that we are sworn to protect and serve.
Values that Guide our Actions:
- Accountable: We are accountable to each other and the public we serve.
- Compassion: We will carry out our duties with a spirit of compassion.
- Consistency: We will be consistent in the performance of our duties.
- Fairness: We will demonstrate fairness in all we do.
- Integrity: We will demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
- Professionalism: We will uphold the highest level of professionalism within our law enforcement community.
- Respect: We will treat each other and those we serve with respect.
- Teamwork: Realizing the importance and complexity of our duty, we will encourage and practice teamwork within our
community and our Department.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association
- Minnesota Legislature – Office of the Revisor of Statutes
- Minnesota Department of Corrections – Level 3 Sex Offenders
- Chemical Health Initiative of Goodhue County - Parent Network
- Goodhue County Chemical Health Initiative
- Minnesota Fraud Enforcement Partnership (scams)