Red Wing Public Library
The Red Wing Public Library is committed to providing for the lifelong learning and information service needs of the community. We offer a wide variety of materials for all ages, including hardback books, board books, paperback books, large print books, audiobooks, movies, music, art prints, newspapers and magazines. Other library services include free Internet access via our 19 public Internet PCs or via wireless connection, meeting rooms and a genealogical index to the local newspaper.
- 229,408 items checked-out (not including an additional 2,942 e-books)
- 203,697 visits to the library
- 1,226 new borrowers registered (12,148 total)
- 1.2 million minutes of computer use
- 5,442 kids attended library story hours and other events
- 280 meetings held in our public meeting rooms
- Added "Tween" book club
- Added eBook lending service and eBook classes
- Added self-pickup holds and three new self-check units
- Rearranged and improved the collection and layout in children’s area as well as merged the reference and circulation desks into one desk
- Created a youth computer area
- Participated in Downtown Main Street's 'First Fridays'
Long Range Plan
For more information about the library's mission and vision statement, as well as our future plans, see the Red Wing Public Library long range plan.
Monday through Wednesday
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Holiday dates the Library will be closed in 2013
- January 1 (New Year's holiday)
- January 21 (Martin Luther King Day)
- February 18 (President's Day)
- May 27 (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- September 2 (Labor Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day)
- November 28 (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 24 and 25 (Christmas holiday)