Red Wing Public Library
The Red Wing Public Library is committed to providing for the lifelong learning and information service needs of the community. We offer a wide variety of materials for all ages, including hardback books, board books, paperback books, large print books, audiobooks, eBooks, movies, music, art prints, newspapers and magazines. Other library services include free Internet access via our 19 public Internet PCs or via wireless connection, technolgy help desk, meeting rooms and a genealogical index to the local newspaper.
- 211,626 items checked-out (not including an additional 9,121 e-books)
- 161,523 visits to the library
- 627 new borrowers registered (12,775 total)
- 1.3 million minutes of computer use
- 4,461 kids attended library story hours and other events
- 245 meetings held in our public meeting rooms
- Added adult programming
- Added technolgy classes
- Rearranged and improved the collection and layout in teen area
- Created more collection codes for improved browsing
Long Range Plan
For more information about the library's mission and vision statement, as well as our future plans, see the Red Wing Public Library long range plan.
Monday through Wednesday
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Holiday dates the Library will be closed in 2014
- January 1 (New Year's holiday)
- January 20 (Martin Luther King Day)
- February 17 (President's Day)
- May 26 (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- September 1 (Labor Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day)
- November 27 (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 24 and 25 (Christmas holiday)